This is a scholarship program for advancing your education in college or technical school. Two $1000 scholarships will be made available each year, provided by UHSAA through its members who want to see you succeed.
What scholarship areas are available?
UHSAA will provide a $500 per semester first year scholarship to qualified students in the
following areas of career development depending on available funds.
- College degree leading to a professional career
- An associate or other technical certificate leading to a professional,
business or technical career
These scholarships will be renewed for one additional semester for a total of $1000 if the
student maintains an average of B or its equivalent at the institution of higher education.
Contact the UHSAA Scholarship Committee for renewal.
How do I apply?
Students interested in applying must do the following:
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident
- Provide a copy of your TAAS/TAKS test results indicating that you have passed all areas
- Provide a copy of your SAT or ACT results if you are college bound
- Have a B average in high school
- Submit a letter of recommendation from one of your high school teachers
- Write a 250 word essay explaining your ultimate career goals and your plan to finance your future education
- Submit all the above by April 1st to your school counselor
Applications are available from your UHS counselor’s office.
Contact us at:
UHS Alumni Association
Attn: Scholarship Committee
PO Box 757
Uvalde, Texas 78802